The holidays are just around the corner with opportunities to increase revenue for any small business. It just takes the right marketing strategy to attract customers and compete against the larger businesses during the holiday season. Here are some tips to help get your small business to achieve holiday sales and company goals.
- Focus your advertising. If you measure your advertising initiatives, which are a must, you should have a good grasp of where your audience is. Once you identify the top marketing sources that reach the most of your audience you should focus your advertising, especially during the holidays. Consumers have a higher likelihood to purchase during the holidays than any other time. In other words, the market becomes very competitive, which should give you enough reason to focus on what works best.
- Name your special. Creating a holiday special is an important strategy to help draw in current and prospective customers into your business. The special should be connected to the actual holiday, that way it can be associated as an exclusive event that only happens once a year. Giving the intent for consumers to act and acknowledge other discounts that you are providing.
- . Timing. Consumers respond to deadlines in very positive ways. Therefore your business should create a time sensitive discount that gives consumers a deadline. The end of the holidays is a great way to do so. Your small business can create awareness while gaining new customers.
- . Bring everyone together. The holidays are meant to bring families and friends together. Therefore you should offer discounts for families, groups, and friends that require customers to buy multiple items for a cheaper more affordable price to them while increasing your overall revenue. A great example is a “buy a gift, get a gift” campaign, which can work for gift cards as well as other products that you’d like to sell in pairs.
- . Social Media. Use this to help deliver your message. Although this isn't a seasonal tactic, it should always be implemented to communicate your business and any special discounts that you may have, especially for the holidays. Social media is an important marketing tool that can communicate your products while gaining customer awareness and market buzz. The best thing about social media is that it’s little to no cost to you. Consumers look everywhere to find a great deal, so the best place to create buzz is to establish the platform of word of mouth using Facebook, Twitter, or other social tools that help communicate what you have to offer.
The holidays are a great way to build relationships and test new marketing initiatives to gain more customers, while increasing sales and accomplishing company goals. It doesn’t take a holiday miracle to improve your business revenue, just some innovative ideas, new marketing tactics, and a few simple guidelines to truly have a successful holiday season.
Have a question or a new topic to discuss? Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or through my contact page, www.alantsao.com